Recipe: Entree - Sweet Roasted Sausages & Gnocchi
- 3-4 mild vegetarian or meat sausages, Spicy/Italian work best
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp syrup of any kind
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary and/or thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil or room-temperature butter
- 1 tsp each salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or basil
Boil the gnocchi in lightly-salted water for 6 minutes or according to directions. When gnocchi is fully boiled, drain and rinse with cold water.
Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
Chop up the sausages and place them in a large bowl with the gnocchi. Chop up the bell pepper and jalapeno as well, adding them to the bowl.
Whisk together the mustard, syrup, vinegar, rosmary and/or thyme, and oil or melted butter.
Drizzle the mix over the gnocchi and sausages. Mix the bowl with a spoon until covered evenly. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over everything.
Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes.
Stir everything once and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven, sprinkle fresh herbs over everything and let cool 5 minutes.
Eat or put away!
- This recipe template can be used with lots of things, whatever goes with sausages. I like the crispy gnocchi myself but you can also try using acorn squashes or other winter vegetables