Recipe: Entree - Quick Tacos
- Tortillas or crisp tostadas, as many as you can eat usually 2 or 3 per person
- Black beans, ¼ cup with small amount of soaking liquid reserved (in can or from dry soak)
- Cheese, handful or so of shredded cheddar or pepperjack, as desired
- Salsa cruda or pico de gallo, 2 spoonfuls or as desired
- Avocado, sliced thinly lengthwise and once or twice widthwise, approximately ⅕ per taco or tostada
In a small skillet or frying pan, heat the black beans and sauce on low heat.
In a separate small pan, warm the tortillas. Use a little butter to prevent them from sticking.
After beans are warm, add shredded cheese to desired amount.
The cheese will melt quickly so add salsa and avocado just before removing from heat.
- Approximate cooking time should be 60-120 seconds for beans and 15-45 seconds for cheese.
- If you eat eggs, fry one up separately and add to beans/cheese before avocado/salsa.
- In fact, you can add pretty much any of your favorite ingredients to this template of a taco. Try adding things you like and change the recipe to make it your own!
- As these are small handholds, I like spicy salsa on mine but your mileage may vary.
- If you want to make these extra quick, use a microwave. Add black beans and then cheese to a pre-heated tortilla or plain tostada before heating for 12-20 seconds. Add avocado and salsa on top and eat immediately.